Like any event, the reverse auction is created as part of the Event page using the “Create event” button in the upper-right area.
Add event modal appears. You must add the project where you want the event to be created. Then click “Save”.
Each auction in Prokuria contains 4 sections: General Information, Suppliers, Documents, and Items.
Suppliers: the email addresses of the suppliers who are invited to the auction are entered. They can be new ones or they can be already existing collaborators within the supplier module. There is also the option to select the language in which emails are sent to them.
Documents: files that can be attached to the auction. They may be images, charts, tables or other additional information needed by the suppliers to make their offer.
Items: the list of products and/or services for which the offers are intended. The information about them is organized in columns and displayed dynamically, according to the client’s needs.
Section 1: General Information
- “Owner”- the email address of the user.
- “Name”- the name of the event (up to 200 characters can be entered).
- “ID”- a unique id is automatically generated.
- “Description”- a description of the event (you can enter text, up to 5000 characters).
- “Currency”- the desired currency of the event.
- “Budget” – the total amount of financial resources made available for the purchase. The budget field is for internal use and is not visible to the suppliers (any number can be entered).
- “Category”- the event’s category.
- “Starting price”- represents the amount for all items. Suppliers will not be able to place or quote higher than this.
- “Minimum step”-it is the minimum allowed difference between the old and new quotations.
- “Cool-down Period”- it is the period expressed in minutes by the user, placed at the end of the auction, within which any change to the best suppliers leads to an extension of the auction deadline by the same number of minutes.
- “Advanced Settings”- Show the best bid: Once this option is selected, suppliers will see the value of the best bid. Show rank: When selected, suppliers will see where they are ranked in the auction. Item level auction: starts a special type of reverse auction that focuses on finding the best suppliers for each required item.
- “Starts”- the start date and time for the event (a date from the past cannot be inserted).
- “Ended”- the deadline for the event (you cannot select a date from the past. The auction must be later than the current time and date).
Section 2: Suppliers
“Insert Supplier’s email”- you manually enter the email addresses of the suppliers who are invited to the event. They can be new or existing suppliers within the supplier directory module.
“Email language”- the language in which emails are sent to the suppliers is selected.
“Add category”- whole groups of suppliers can be introduced if they have been previously assigned to them in the supplier module
Section 3: Documents
“Add new document”- descriptive files for the event can be added. They may be images, charts, tables, or other additional information required for supplier response (the maximum file size is 8MB).
“Add link”- a feature used for hosting files larger than 8 MB.
Section 4: Items
- “Add new item”- a new item is added to the list of products/services listed for the reverse.
- “Group by category”- groups the articles according to their category.
- “Import Items”- opens a window from which the user can download a template file that he can complete and upload within the system in order to perform a bulk upload.
- “ID”- unique identifier generated by the system.
- “Category”- item’s category.
- “Item”- the name of the article (200 is the character limit).
- “Description”- article description.
- “Unit”- the unit of measure (200 is the character limit).
- “Quantity”- you can enter numbers up to 10 characters.
- “Budget”- the budget allocated for the acquisition.
Section 4.1: Import Items (through Excel)
The feature is specially designed for events that require a large number of articles and services. Thanks to it, Prokuria can upload them using an excel template that guides the user in going through all the necessary steps:
a. Click on “Import items”. A dedicated window will open which will guide the user.
b. Click on “Download Template Spreadsheet”. The system will download an excel file which contains explanations on how to handle it.
Mandatory fields: Item, Unit, Quantity.
Quantity and Budget only take in numeric values
The maximum number of decimals is 6
c. Click on “Browse File”. Select the newly created file. Prokuria will take care of the rest.
Are you stuck somewhere? Don’t worry, we’re here for you. Drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you.